Preparing for exams can be easy if done in the correct way
Preparing for exams can be a stressful process, especially when you don’t tackle them in the right way. Most students skip this step altogether and begin cramming the night before, which we absolutely do not recommend!
We’ve put together the most useful tips we could find that will help you prepare for your exams.
Why is it important to help prepare your child for their exams?
Exams can be scary for your child because they’re done in formal conditions. In times like these, fear can take over and they can feel as though they’ve forgotten everything they know. Leaving students to believe they didn’t perform to the best of their ability.
Children are taught from a young age about the importance of exams because they dominate the overall way they will be assessed.
During these times students often go through emotions such as fear, anxiety and increased stress.
There are plenty of things you can do to help your child prepare for their exams in advance to ensure they perform well even when they are under pressure.
How to help your child prepare for their exams
In order to ensure your child is preparing for their exams in the most efficient way, we recommend these three easy steps:
- Begin a revision session with a short review of previous knowledge or learning before moving on.
- Make review sessions regular. Ideally, these should be in short intervals of 45-50 minutes with 5-15 minute breaks. It’ll be easier to store the information into their long-term memory in the lead up to an exam.
- Do lots of quizzes. This will strengthen their long-term memory if done regularly months before an exam.
You can also take advantage of our FREE revision sessions hosted on www.lighthall.co where you can reserve your free places using this link: https://www.lighthall.co/profile/KayScience
These are the easiest ways to prepare your child for their exams
We highly recommend not leaving your revision until the last minute because that’ll result in cramming. It’s very difficult to do well in exams when you haven’t made a long-term memory of knowledge.
Here are three super effective tips:
- Complete short bitesize quizzes. Research shows that students who complete daily or weekly quizzes achieve higher in exams than those who don’t. We have over 20,000 self-marking quizzes to choose from on our website.
- Do timed past papers. Having a go at a past paper can reduce their fear of opening it and going blank in the real thing. We host AQA, Edexcel, iGCSE Edexcel and OCR past papers.
- Lastly, ensure your child is getting healthy meals in the lead up to their exam, and lots of full nights’ sleep.
Take advantage of KayScience resources
KayScience hosts exam papers, and have our very own exam booklets with every exam question yoru child needs to do to get ready for the exams.
We guarantee if you watch every KayScience video, doing all the questions in the videos and working through the exam question booklets, you WILL get a grade of 9-8 at least! Or your money back!